- 1 1/2 cup Brown Rice
- 2 1/2 cup Low-Sodium Chicken Stock Vegan Option: Use Vegetable Stock
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- Cilantro to garnish
- Wash the rice and set it aside.
- Mince 3 cloves of garlic.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a small, tall pot on medium-high heat.
- Add garlic to the pot and stir until the garlic turns golden brown.
- Add chicken or vegetable stock, turmeric, cumin, and the rice to the pot.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Let the rice simmer undisturbed for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, take the pot off the heat and let it sit for 10 minutes, so the rice can absorb any excess liquid.
- Stir the rice to fluff it up. Serve with fresh cilantro.
Download your free Guide
Let's Be Friends!
Sign up for our weekly updates of the latest interviews, info, products and services.
No spam, promise. We don’t like spam either.
We are a whole life movement sharing worldwide innovations and advancements in holistic wellness and lifestyle for adults in midlife and beyond.
Let’s be social!